This blog was created as a place for individuals and groups to exchange ideas in the area of literacy and Reading Apprenticeship.
A moderator has been assigned to ensure that postings are relevant and appropriate, and otherwise meet the blog guidelines as described below. All submitted postings will be reviewed and published on the blog within 72 hours if determined to be within these guidelines.
No Endorsement by WestEd
As noted, this blog is hosted by WestEd as a forum for discussion in the area of literacy and Reading Apprenticeship. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are the personal views and opinions of the individuals posting the messages, not of WestEd. Specifically, the views expressed on this blog do not necessarily reflect the views of WestEd.
WestEd does not endorse, support, represent, or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any messages posted to this blog, or endorse any opinions expressed in such posts. You acknowledge that any reliance on material in posted messages will be at your own risk.
Obligations of Blog Participants
To participate in the discussion on this blog, you may need to complete a simple registration and sign in. At all times, you must comply with the following guidelines:
- Address the specific topic of the discussion.
- Support your point of view with well-founded arguments and facts.
- Identify yourself by name, unless doing so will compromise your personal security or livelihood, or that of others.
- Respect the views of others and consider them carefully before responding with a posting of your own.
For any post to this blog, you may not submit content that:
- is threatening, abusive, libelous, indecent, or graphic, including hate speech directed at a specific ethnic group, nationality, sexual orientation, organization, corporation, or religion;
- infringes on copyright protections;
- attempts to disguise the origin of the posting;
- impersonates an individual or misrepresents a relationship with any person or organization;
- encourages others to commit illegal acts or to harass individuals;
- advertises or promotes goods and services; or
- attempts to influence voting on a particular bill, or proposition.
In addition, the following types of postings are not permitted on this blog:
- messages that are not relevant to the topic;
- repetitive messages, including cross-posting, flooding, and spamming (except for messages of interest to a larger audience, such as high-priority alert messages);
- messages of excessive length (generally more than 1,000 words or 2,500 characters, but depends on the subject matter);
- messages with no content; and
- viruses, files, or code that might interrupt, destroy, or limit functionality of the blog or any computer software or equipment underlying the blog.
All submitted postings will be reviewed by WestEd employees with expertise in the area of discussion.
- Moderators will remain objective and respect all points of view.
- All accepted postings will be published to the site within 72 hours.
- Postings may be edited as necessary to meet the guidelines described here, or for grammar, spelling, and length.
- If a posting is edited, an email will be sent indicating where the edit was made, and the reason, prior to publication.
- Postings may be rejected if they do not meet the guidelines.
- If a posting is rejected, an email will be sent indicating the reason.
- Moderators may also edit, divide, or rename a posting if necessary to improve the usability of the forum.
Information in Submitted Posts
You must exercise caution, good sense, and sound judgment in submitting messages to be posted to this blog. You are responsible for any material you submit in a post. You agree, represent, and warrant that any information you post is truthful, accurate, not misleading, and offered in good faith; not invasive of another’s privacy; abusive, threatening, or obscene; not infringing upon the copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights of others; and that you have the right to post or transmit such information. The content of such information (including, without limitation, data, text, software, graphics, or any other materials whatsoever), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, is your sole responsibility.
You may delete any of your messages posted to this blog at any time by sending an email to Jana Bouc at email@example.com.
By submitting a message to be posted to this blog, you automatically grant WestEd a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, edit, translate, distribute, perform, and display the message, or any part of it, alone or as part of other works in any form, media, or technology whether now known or hereafter developed, and to sublicense such rights through multiple tiers of sublicensees.
You further agree that WestEd has the right to use, without any payment or accounting to you or others, any concepts, know-how, or ideas that you post to this blog.
Under applicable copyright law, the author of any post is the owner of the copyright in the post. Aside from the license that all registered users have granted to WestEd upon submitting a message as stated above, no one visiting this blog is licensed to copy, reproduce, republish, modify, transmit, or distribute in any way any of the messages, or any portion of the messages, posted to the blog without the prior written permission of the copyright owner.
All trademarks, service marks, logos, and trade names, whether registered or unregistered, are proprietary to WestEd or to other companies where so indicated. You may not reproduce, download, or otherwise use any such trademarks, service marks, logos, or trade names without the prior written consent of WestEd, or the appropriate owner thereof.
The content provided on this blog is provided “as is” and without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied. To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, WestEd disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. WestEd does not warrant that this blog will be error-free, or free of viruses or other harmful components. WestEd does not make any representations or warranties regarding the correctness, accuracy, or other qualities of the information on this blog.
Limitation of Liability
To the extent permitted under applicable law, under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall WestEd be liable for any compensatory, punitive, special, or consequential damages that result from your use of the blog, even if WestEd or a WestEd-authorized representative has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold WestEd and its directors, employees, agents, and contractors harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, losses, costs (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees), or other expenses that arise directly or indirectly out of or from your activities in connection with this blog.
These guidelines shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without regard to its choice of law rules.
WestEd makes no representation that materials posted to this blog are appropriate or available for use in locations other than the State of California. Those who choose to access this blog from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
© 2010 WestEd. All rights reserved.
Last updated: February 24, 2010